For API applicants with a sponsoring bishop
We’re delighted that your bishop is looking to sponsor you for an Anglican Peacemaking Institute (API).
What am I getting into?
Do you warm to the prospect of handling disagreement and conflict more effectively and skilfully? Do you want Christians to handle their differences more creatively and constructively? Do you long to see the Church being an agent for effecting reconciliation across the divisions in your society? If you do, then you’ll be eagerly looking forward to participating in an API.
The API process is focused on resourcing you to be a more effective, self-aware peacemaker, and on developing and implementing a strategy for peacemaking across an Anglican diocese.
What am I committing myself to?
By participating in an API, you’ll be committing yourself to the following:
- Meeting with your bishop and your colleagues to clarify hopes and expectations, beforehand
- Completing a questionnaire, a genogram (a family tree with relational information) and doing some preparatory thinking in advance of the API.
- Along with your team members, developing a provisional diocesan action plan, during the two-week API
- Along with your team, identifying a partner team from a diocese in another country (unless already agreed in advance)
- Meeting regularly with your bishop and other team members to take forward implementation and agree next steps.
- Along with your team members, participating in a series of online video conferences, with your partner diocesan team, at regular intervals over 18 months. These will function as an action learning group and will be facilitated by an API facilitator
- Offering feedback to subsequent API summer schools, via a short pre-recorded video interview
- Where possible, attending occasional regional gatherings of API ‘graduates’, to share stories of impact and learning
How do I apply?
Once you’ve been selected by your bishop, please read through the pages of this website. Then complete the application.
Please contact our administrator, if you need any further information.