Our Safeguarding Policy
Reconciliation Initiatives is committed to safeguarding adults whom the organisation works with and to enabling them to learn and grow safely in Christ. We seek to create a safe environment for everyone who participates in our learning events and activities. We also seek to follow the correct procedures to ensure that everyone we work with is protected to the best of our ability.
If you have any safeguarding concerns relating to Reconciliation Initiatives, please contact our Safeguarding Officer, Debbie Niblett:
Tel : + 44 (0)24 7652 1281
If you would prefer to speak with someone outside the organisation, please contact:
Coventry Diocese Safeguarding Team - Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Sarah Price:
Tel:+ 44 (0)24 7652 1345 (24 hours a day).
Or, within the UK, the Police non-emergency service: 101.
For more information about safeguarding see: www.dioceseofcoventry.org.uk/safeguarding
Reconciliation Initiatives' Safeguarding Policy Statement Summary
The Trustees of Reconciliation Initiatives have adopted the Safeguarding Policy of the Diocese of Coventry and the Church of England.
Reconciliation Initiatives works only with adults and not with children, hence the reference in the following section to adults. We are committed to:
- The care of, the nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all adults.
- The safeguarding and protection of all adults.
- The establishing of a safe, caring community which provides a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end Reconciliation Initiatives will:
- Carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the organisation.
- Respond without delay to every complaint made that a child or adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- Seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
- Seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
Each person who works within Reconciliation Initiatives will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established.
Reconciliation Initiatives has appointed Debbie Niblett, who is also our Administrator, as our Safeguarding Officer.
Rt Revd Peter Price, Chair of Trustees
Date: 11 July 2019