Reconciling Mission programme
A learning and development programme for small groups of diocesan and cathedral clergy, which resources participants with a vision for mission:
- as a journey towards greater reconciliation in the world;
- marked by deeper engagement with local communities;
- drawing on an asset-based community development approach.
Note: this is not a process for training a diocesan mediation team, or for equipping participants with skills for handling conflict.
Information about the 2024 programme (Cohort 4)
Key Dates and Deadlines
- By mid-October 2023: Senior staff identification of diocesan group of five
- 31 October 2023: Deadline for Cohort 4 applications from all diocesan groups
- February 2024: Preliminary online meetings with Cohort 4 groups
- 28 April – 3 May 2024: Cohort 4 residential at Launde Abbey
- June 2024 – December 2025: Online action learning groups
- 18 March 2025: Day conference at Coventry Cathedral
- 17 March 2026: Day conference at Coventry Cathedral
In 2024, the invited diocesan contribution is £995 per participant, and coverage of travel and
associated expenses. This contribution:
- Covers around two thirds of the delivery costs;
- Gives full participation in the whole programme, including:
- The initial residential (excluding travel costs);
- The follow-up group coaching sessions;
- The two day-conferences (excluding travel and hotel costs).
The balance of the costs is covered by RI, from our reserves.